If you follow the IPL, you will know all about the Chennai Super Kings. They won the toss and chose to bowl first at the MA Chidambaram Stadium in Chennai. In the end, the Chennai Super Kings beat the Sunrisers Hyderabad by six wickets. The final score saw Chennai Super Kings with 176/4 and Sunrisers Hyderabad with 175/3.
In the previous match between the two teams last week, Sunrisers Hyderabad were favoured by IPL bookmakers and beat the Chennai Super Kings by six wickets. The match took place in the Rajiv Gandhi International Cricket Stadium in Hyderabad. When the two teams met in Chennai, the tables were turned, and Chennai Super Kings won by six wickets.
Man of the Match
The Man of the Match award went to opener Shane Watson. There was no doubt that Watson would receive this award with his excellent run total of 96 runs. This included six sixes and nine fours.
Other players that contributed significant run totals included Suresh Raina with 38 runs, and Ambati Rayudu with 21 runs. The match ended with Kedar Jadhav at 11 not out, and Dwayne Bravo with 0 not out. MS Dhoni was next up to bat but the match was already won with Watson’s large run total.
Dhoni praised Watson, and noted the importance of giving individuals the chance to find their form. Watson thanked both Dhoni and Stephen Fleming for backing him even though he was not in good form. Backing Watson certainly paid off for the Chennai Super Kings.
Chennai Super Kings Upcoming Match
On Friday 26 April 2019, the Chennai Super kings play against the Mumbai Indians. Odds for this match on Bodog show 1.77 for Chennai Super Kings for a win. Odds stand at 2.35 for a Mumbai Indians win.
Points Table Update
- The Chennai Super Kings still top the points table with 16 points. CSK has won eight out of 11 games played so far.
- Delhi Capitals, in second place with seven wins out of 11 games played, and have 14 points.
- The Mumbai Indians have won six out of 10 games. The team holds third place with 12 points.
- In fourth place is Sunrisers Hyderabad. The team has won half their matches with five out of 10 games.
- Kings XI Punjab has also won five out of 10 matches. KXIP and SRH each have 10 points.
- Kolkata Knight Riders have won less than half their matches so far with four wins out of 10 games. The team has eight points.
- Rajasthan Royals have only won three out of 10 matches. The team holds the seventh position with six points.
- Royal Challengers Bangalore also have six points with three wins out of 10.
Who Will Win the 2019 IPL?
The odds at Bodog show Chennai Super Kings as the most likely winner of the 2019 IPL with 2.85 odds. Despite this, there are other teams that are still in the running for a possible win. At this time, Delhi Capitals and Mumbai Indians both have a good shot with odds showing at 4.00. Sunrisers Hyderabad still stand a chance, but are less likely IPL winners. Odds are currently at 8.50 for a SRH win.